We are a fast-growing tech startup disrupting the Headhunting Industry. Our mission is to become the agents of the world's 3% of talent: just as sports athletes have an agent, we believe high potentials in business, tech, law, or science should have a trusted agent as well who helps them become the best version of themselves.
We are accomplishing this mission by creating a global community that connects high potential individuals amongst themselves and with the best opportunities through an online platform, disruptive events, and programs. The key to Nova is precisely the quality of our members, who have to go through a rigorous selection process before being accepted to the network. Our main business line is B2B, with clients such as McKinsey, BCG, P&G, Novartis, Fever, and Vattenfall, who we help attract and hire top talent faster and more efficiently than existing solutions.
We have offices in Stockholm, Milan, and Madrid and we are starting our international expansion to the rest of Europe. Our tech team started from scratch 1.5 years ago and is now growing at lightspeed. We look for a Senior Backend Software Engineer who can help us accelerate and bring our technology to the next level.
As Nova's Backend Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop and help with the design of our backend core, made out of components developed in Node.js with Typescript.
- Work in complex and exciting products in constant development, ranging from modular application platforms, client’s dashboards, and even our own social network!
- Work in a fully CI/CD oriented environment
- Implement secure, compliant solutions for data management and analysis.
- Investigate, collaborate and solve performance and scalability challenges
- Build robust, reusable, and testable code that minimizes maintenance efforts in an environment with almost zero technical debt.
- Work side-by-side with the product and design teams to help in the shaping of new features.
As the ideal candidate, you have:
- 1-3 years of experience as a backend or full-stack software engineer
- Familiarity with JSON-based REST APIs.
- Interest in layered architectures, like Hexagonal, Onion, Clean, etc.
- Autonomous and entrepreneurial spirit
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to deal with complexity
- Fluency in English
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React, Angular, Vue, or others
- Experience with infrastructure providers such as AWS or Google Cloud. Bonus: IaC
- Interest in Machine Learning, AI or data-heavy projects
What we offer:
- Competitive salary 47-52k€ (40-45k€ base + 4k€ variable + 3k€ in learning budget or stock/year)
- Office in the city center (Madrid) and flexible remote work (fully remote or partial, as you prefer)
- Be part of the initial tech team of a startup which has already proven its value and starts to scale
- Networking events with high potential individuals
- Disrupt an industry with tech and data-oriented solutions
- Learn and develop in a supportive environment, where we meet regularly to share knowledge, learn new things, and practice
- Perks such as Cobee, Payflow and free coffe